Omar Islamic University
Affiliated with the American Interglobal University (AIU)
Clarification & Regulations
Associate Degree of Sharia
Bachelors Degree of Sharia
70 + 60 = 132 total
Semesters & Load
Semester Time Load (in credit hours)
Fall September 19th to November 30th 2 to 15
Winter January 10th to March 20th 2 to 15
Spring April 1st to June 10th 2 to 15
Fees & Discounts
· $50 Admission Fee , one time , non-refundable ( FROM #11)
· $50/credit hour & $20 (see exceptions below) for educational materials per class.( FORM #12)
◦ Buying the educational materials from OIU is not mandatory; you may get the materials from another source if you prefer.
◦ If the costs of the educational materials exceeds $20 (such as for the ASL textbooks), then the student pays the exact cost for the materials.
· If you register and pay for four (4) classes, the 5th one is free.
· “A” students will get a 25% discount.
· Tuition for any additional immediate family members is 50%.
◦ The academic discount (25%) and family discount (50%) may not be combined.
· A payment plan is available that allows you to pay your tuition fees within the semester.
· Most classes will be taught by Professor HoucineChouat, PhD.
· Classes will be held, for the time being, at Masjid Omar bin El-Khattab.
· Classes Monday – Friday will be held either between Maghrib&Isha or after Isha, depending on the time of prayer.
· Classes will be offered to both brothers & sisters, in both English & Arabic, except for the ASL (Arabic as a Second Language) courses.
· If you attend all classes and pass all exams, you can expect to graduate within 3 years, in shaaʾAllaah.
· If you attend 3 classes and pass all exams per semester, you can expect to graduate in 4 years, in shaaʾAllaah.
Affiliation & Diploma
· Omar Islamic University is affiliated with the American Interglobal University (AIU).
· The diplomas will be issued jointly by the two universities.